Atmiya University Synopsis, Thesis Format & Guidelines
M.Phil scholars shall present at least one research paper in a conference/seminar and Ph.D. scholars must publish at least one research paper in refereed journal and make two paper presentations in conferences/seminars before the submission of the dissertation/thesis for adjudication, and produce evidence for the same in the form of presentation certificates and/or reprints.
The student shall make a pre - submission presentation (Pre – M.Phil/Ph.D.) in the University and that may be open to all faculty members and research scholar for getting feedback and comments, which may be suitably incorporated into the draft thesis under the advice of the Supervisor.
Want to Hire a Professional Thesis Writer or Editor for Your PhD Research Work, Click Here
The research scholar has to submit an undertaking about originality of the work and vouching that there is no plagiarism and that the work has not been submitted for the award of any other degree/diploma of the same university where the work was carried out, or any other university.
The candidate shall submit the following documents at the time of submission of the M.Phill/Ph.D. thesis to the University:
Three copies of the summary of the thesis.
Soft copy of the thesis shall also be submitted to the Dean Academic/Coordinator office, Atmiya University for further action.
Three spiral bound typed (both sides) copies of Thesis. The thesis shall also be accompanied by
- A certificate from the candidate.
- A certificate from the supervisor.
- An appendix at the end of the thesis containing reprints of research papers already published.
- Self attested photocopies of the published research papers or acceptance letters of at least 1 research papers preferably in Scopus listed/ UGC recommended journals.
A copy of the receipt of applicable examination fee, along with no dues certificate.
Note: The thesis must be scrutinized by software to check piracy and plagiarism.
The thesis should generally begin with a general introduction presenting an overview of the purpose and significance of the study. The introduction should show why the topic selected is worth investigating. This will generally be done with reference to existing research, demystifying areas that have not been explored, need to be explored further, or where new research findings justify a reconsideration of established knowledge.
Atmiya University Thesis Layout and format
This section has been added here to provide guidelines on layout and format to the students for thesis writing. One of the essential requisites in preparation of the thesis is the consistency of the design and adherence to the specific instructions given in the following subsections.
Font & Font Size in Atmiya University Thesis
The thesis should be written in English. It must be typewritten on A4 size paper (21 cm x 29.7 cm) in a clear and legible font (e.g., Times New Roman 12). As far as possible, use the same font for the entire thesis, but, if necessary, different fonts may be used within Tables, Figures, and Appendices. The thesis has to be printed singlesided. Double-spacing should be used in the Abstract and text of the Thesis. Single spacing should be used in long Tables, block quotations separated from the text, footnotes, and bibliographical entries. Paragraphs should begin with one indent. indented, and there need not be an empty line between paragraphs.
A larger size type may be used for the Thesis title and Chapter headings, as long as it is no larger than 18 points. Boldface type may also be used on the title page and for headings, as well as in the text for special symbols or for emphasis. Reduced type may be used within Tables, figures, and Appendices, but it should be at least 9 points in size (partly because of microfilming requirements) and must be completely legible.
The Thesis should be free from grammatical, lexical, and punctuation errors. In addition to the computer spellchecker, a thesis should be proofread to check that errors do not remain that are not detected by the spellchecker. The Thesis should consistently use either American or British spelling but should not alternate between the two. When using numbers in the text, all numbers upto ten, and if the first word of a sentence is a number, they should be written in words. Writers not fluent in English are. encouraged to have their manuscript professionally edited before submission to improve the English.
Want to Hire a Professional a Thesis Writer or Editor for Your Research Project Work, Click Here
Atmiya University PhD Thesis Chapter and Page Layout
- Begin each chapter on a new page. Do the same with each element of the front matter (list of Tables, Acknowledgments, etc.), the. Reference section, and each Appendix. Avoid typing a heading near the bottom of a page unless there is room for at least two lines of text following the heading. The Chapters should begin on a new page, but sections and subsections should not. A "display" page (a page that shows only the Chapter title) can be placed at the beginning of Chapters or Appendices.
Atmiya University PhD Thesis Page Numbering
- Pages should be numbered at the bottom right, using Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3) beginning with ‘1’ on the first page of the Introduction and continuing consecutively to the end of the manuscript, including References. The preliminary pages are numbered in lower-case Roman numerals, beginning with the declaration page.
Atmiya University Phd Thesis Margins Details
- A margin of at least 4.0 cm must be left at the top and left side of each page and a margin of at least 2.5 cm on the right and bottom. The last letter or character in the longest line on the page determines the margin.
Appropriate use of headings and subheadings in Atmiya University PhD Thesis
Headings should be distinguished from the surrounding text by larger font size, a different font, bolding, italics, or a combination of these. All headings of the same level should use the same style, and headings at lower levels should be less prominent than those at higher levels. Examples:
- CHAPTER TITLE: (Times New Roman 16 Point -Bold Uppercase)
- Heading for the section: (Times New Roman 14 point - Bold Italic)
- Heading for sub-section: (Times New Roman 12 point – Bold)
All headings should be left-aligned, except chapter headings, which may be centered. The headings and subheadings should preferably be numbered, as required.
Overall General Format of the Atmiya University Thesis
The manuscript consists of three main parts: Preliminaries, Text, and the Annexure. It is to be arranged in the following sequence:
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Declaration~ by the student
- Certificate by the Research Guide
- Approval of the Thesis
- Table of Contents
- List of figures, Tables, or Illustrations
- List of Abbreviations (optional)
- Literature Review
- Materials and Methods
- Summary and Conclusion
- List of publications from Thesis
Want to Hire a Professional Thesis Writer or Editor for Your Research Project Work, Just Click Here
|Looking for a Bachelor, Master, Doctoral(PhD) dissertation, thesis Format and Typing Instructions for Atmiya University? Hit the Link and you'll find the PDF File of Format.|