Al-Falah University Synopsis, Thesis Format & Guidelines
A candidate shall submit to the Controller of Examinations, 7 copies of the thesis along with 5 copies of the “Abstract” of the thesis, neatly typed or printed and bound in a manner notified separately. Besides, He shall also submit the soft copy on the CD (two each) of the thesis and the “Abstract” of the thesis in PDF format.
- The language of a Ph.D. Thesis shall generally be English. However, a candidate enrolled in languages may write the Thesis in the concerned language with the prior approval of the BORS.
- Provided further, Hindi and Urdu languages may be accepted the language of a Ph.D. Thesis if it is decided and approved by BORS at the time of registration in case of non technical subjects such as Education, History, Political Science etc.
The Abstract of the Thesis shall be in English, in addition to the language in which the Thesis has been written, and it will be submitted in the format.
Get in Touch with Us for Top Quality Writing Assistance Services
|Plagiarism Removal |
The thesis, must contain, besides the text and common matters like bibliography/references and summary/ conclusions:
- A preface/introduction in which the candidate shall state whether the thesis is based on discovery of new facts or new interpretation of established facts by others, or based on exhaustive study and critical analysis of published work of others, or design, or development work undertaken.
- At the end of the Thesis and at the end of the Abstract of the Thesis, the candidate shall give his/her brief profile mentioning date and place of birth, nationality, email address, and academic qualifications research experience, professional experience, if any, and permanent home address.
- Reprints of published papers and certificate of oral presentation in the international conferences.
- An abstract of the thesis in about 500 words with minimum 20 key words.
Certificates (in standard format given at Annexures) from the supervisor(s) that
- the work has been carried out under his/her/their supervision,
- the candidate has fulfilled all prescribed requirements and
- the thesis which is based on candidate’s own work has not been submitted elsewhere for a degree/diploma, supported by plagiarism report by standard software.
Note: A candidate shall be required to submit a “No Dues Certificate” from various offices/ sections /units concerned of the University along with his/her thesis.
The thesis should generally begin with a general introduction presenting an overview of the purpose and significance of the study. The introduction should show why the topic selected is worth investigating. This will generally be done with reference to existing research, demystifying areas that have not been explored, need to be explored further, or where new research findings justify a reconsideration of established knowledge.
Al-Falah University Thesis Layout and format
This section has been added here to provide guidelines on layout and format to the students for thesis writing. One of the essential requisites in preparation of the thesis is the consistency of the design and adherence to the specific instructions given in the following subsections.
Font & Font Size in Al-Falah University Thesis
The thesis should be written in English. It must be typewritten on A4 size paper (21 cm x 29.7 cm) in a clear and legible font (e.g., Times New Roman 12). As far as possible, use the same font for the entire thesis, but, if necessary, different fonts may be used within Tables, Figures, and Appendices. The thesis has to be printed singlesided. Double-spacing should be used in the Abstract and text of the Thesis. Single spacing should be used in long Tables, block quotations separated from the text, footnotes, and bibliographical entries. Paragraphs should begin with one indent. indented, and there need not be an empty line between paragraphs.
A larger size type may be used for the Thesis title and Chapter headings, as long as it is no larger than 18 points. Boldface type may also be used on the title page and for headings, as well as in the text for special symbols or for emphasis. Reduced type may be used within Tables, figures, and Appendices, but it should be at least 9 points in size (partly because of microfilming requirements) and must be completely legible.
The Thesis should be free from grammatical, lexical, and punctuation errors. In addition to the computer spellchecker, a thesis should be proofread to check that errors do not remain that are not detected by the spellchecker. The Thesis should consistently use either American or British spelling but should not alternate between the two. When using numbers in the text, all numbers upto ten, and if the first word of a sentence is a number, they should be written in words. Writers not fluent in English are. encouraged to have their manuscript professionally edited before submission to improve the English.
Want to Hire a Professional a Thesis Writer or Editor for Your Research Project Work,
Al-Falah University PhD Thesis Chapter and Page Layout
- Begin each chapter on a new page. Do the same with each element of the front matter (list of Tables, Acknowledgments, etc.), the. Reference section, and each Appendix. Avoid typing a heading near the bottom of a page unless there is room for at least two lines of text following the heading. The Chapters should begin on a new page, but sections and subsections should not. A "display" page (a page that shows only the Chapter title) can be placed at the beginning of Chapters or Appendices.
Al-Falah University PhD Thesis Page Numbering
- Pages should be numbered at the bottom right, using Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3) beginning with ‘1’ on the first page of the Introduction and continuing consecutively to the end of the manuscript, including References. The preliminary pages are numbered in lower-case Roman numerals, beginning with the declaration page.
Al-Falah University Phd Thesis Margins Details
- A margin of at least 4.0 cm must be left at the top and left side of each page and a margin of at least 2.5 cm on the right and bottom. The last letter or character in the longest line on the page determines the margin.
Appropriate use of headings and subheadings in Al-Falah University PhD Thesis
Headings should be distinguished from the surrounding text by larger font size, a different font, bolding, italics, or a combination of these. All headings of the same level should use the same style, and headings at lower levels should be less prominent than those at higher levels. Examples:
- CHAPTER TITLE: (Times New Roman 16 Point -Bold Uppercase)
- Heading for the section: (Times New Roman 14 point - Bold Italic)
- Heading for sub-section: (Times New Roman 12 point – Bold)
All headings should be left-aligned, except chapter headings, which may be centered. The headings and subheadings should preferably be numbered, as required.
Overall General Format of the Al-Falah University Thesis
The manuscript consists of three main parts: Preliminaries, Text, and the Annexure. It is to be arranged in the following sequence:
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Declaration~ by the student
- Certificate by the Research Guide
- Approval of the Thesis
- Table of Contents
- List of figures, Tables, or Illustrations
- List of Abbreviations (optional)
- Literature Review
- Materials and Methods
- Summary and Conclusion
- List of publications from Thesis
Want to Hire a Professional Thesis Writer or Editor for Your Research Project Work, Just
|Looking for a Bachelor, Master, Doctoral(PhD) dissertation, thesis Format and Typing Instructions for Al-Falah University? Hit the Link and you'll find the PDF File of Format.|