PhD Library and Information Science Admission in SunRise University: Registration Open
PhD in Library and Information Science is a 3-5 years doctorate course which is the mix study of Library Science and Information Science. PhD in Library and Information Science offered by the SunRise University is an interdisciplinary study that offers advanced knowledge on library management practices over information technology, management tools, education and so on.
To be qualified for undertaking the study of PhD Library and Information Science course from the SunRise University, Alwar, the aspiring candidates should have a Master's certification or M.Phil in the relevant discipline with a minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST category candidates) aggregate score from a UGC recognized University or Institution. Admission to this course in SunRise University is done on the basis of the entrance exam followed by the personal interview round led by the university. Candidates having UGC NET, CSIR NET, SLET are exempted from the entrance exam however they need to appear for the personal interview round where their skills are being checked.
SunRise University PhD Library and Information Science: Highlights
Significant features of PhD Library and Information Science course are given in the following table:
|Full Form||Doctorate of Philosophy in Library and Information Science|
|Course Type||Full Time/Part Time|
|Course Duration||3 - 5 Years|
|Minimum Qualification||Master's degree in Library and Information Science with at least 55% Marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam Based|
|Mode of Entrance Examination||Online|
|Entrance Test Fee||Rs. 5000/-|
|Course Fee||Rs. 95,000/Year|
What is the Eligibility Criteria for PhD Library and Information Science in SunRise University?
To be qualified for the SunRise University PhD Library and Information Science course study, the aspiring applicants need to satisfy the following qualification criteria:
- Candidates should complete their PG degree or M.Phil in Library and Information Science from a UGC recognized University or Institution.
- They should have a minimum aggregate of 55% in the respective post graduate degree course. For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of marks available, they need to have something like 50% aggregate score.
- Candidates having at least five years of experience in the teaching profession or administration industry are also qualified for the Part Time PhD Library and Information Science course Admission.
- The Candidates need to pass the PhD Entrance Examination conducted by the SunRise University.
How to Apply for PhD Library and Information Science Admission in SunRise University?
The step-by-step admission procedure is referenced in the following:
- Go through the official site of the SunRise University, and register there by using some basic personal details, like email id, phone number etc.
- Fill up the application form with all detailed information. Ensure you have filled the form precisely, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Scan and upload a latest passport size photograph and pay the application fee with available online payment options.
- Inside a couple of days, the SunRise University releases the admit card expected for appearing in the date of entrance exam, if you are qualified for this course.
- The shortlisted Candidates need to appear for the entrance examination and perform well to arrive at the secured cut-off rank.
- The qualified Candidates need to appear for the personal interview round conducted by the Research Committie of SunRise University.
- In view of their marks acquired in the entrance exam and interview round, the final list of all selected candidates will be published on university official website.
Documents Required to Submit During Admission
- 10 & 12th mark sheet & Certificate
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree course certificate
- NOC (if employed)
- Identity Proof
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Research Proposal (if required)
- Passport Size Photographs
SunRise University PhD Library and Information Science Admission Process?
Admission in PhD Library and Information Science course is totally done based on Candidates' performance in the entrance exam conducted by the SunRise University followed by the personal interview round held by the respective university admission authority.
Why Study PhD Library and Information Science from SunRise University?
Students selected SunRise University for pursuing PhD Library and Information Science course because of the following reasons:
- Students have knowledge on scholarly and public information sources and trends related to organizing the library materials are perfect for this course study.
- Upon successful completion of this course from SunRise University, the graduates can have potential job opportunities like Librarian, Archivist, Sr. Information Sourcing Analyst, Library Trainee, Library Directors in top class Universities, National Libraries, Museums, IT Companies and so on.
- Students with doctorate certificates in Library and Information Science are also qualified for more than adequate research opportunities in their interested discipline.
- Aside from these, the Students can also become library assistants, their principal responsibility is to get to, shelf arrangements, imposing fines, keep details on missing books, and to manage other specialized works and so on.
FAQs About SunRise University PhD Library and Information Science Course
Q.1 - What is the methodology for Ph.D. Library and Information Science Admission to the SunRise University?
Answer: - The Ph.D. program of SunRise University is directed and conducted strictly according to the provisions and regulations directed by the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degrees) (1st Amendment) Regulations, 2018 and subsequent amendments. The whole strategy for admission to the PhD programme incorporates an Entrance Exam and then an Interview/Viva Voce. The performance of a candidate in the Entrance Examination is given 70% weightage, and the leftover 30% weightage is given to his/her exhibition at the Interview.
Q.2 - What is the modes of pursuing Ph.D. Library and Information Science course at SunRise University?
Answer: - Both the full-time and part time modes is available at SunRise University for pursuing its Ph.D. Library and Information Science programme. At SunRise University, the minimum Ph.D. programme duration 3 Years.
Q.3 - is the Ph.D. Library and Information Science Degree granted by the SunRise University valid abroad?
Answer: - Yes, obviously. SunRise University is appropriately recognized under the section 2(f) of the UGC Act of 1956, and is a prestigious member of the AIU (the Association of Indian Universities). Its Ph.D. degrees allowed in different fields/subjects are properly valid across India and the world.
Q.4 - How will be the pattern of SunRise University Ph.D. Library and Information Science Entrance Examination?
Answer: - The syllabus or pattern of the SunRise University Ph.D. Library and Information Science Entrance Examination is available on its official Website. The Entrance Examination comprises of subject-specific matters, and research methodology and aptitude. Thus, Ph.D. Library and Information Science Entrance Examination will contains multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
Q.5 - Do working candidates require to get NOC from employers for pursuing Ph.D. Library and Information Science at SunRise University?
Answer: - Yes, essentially. Working Professionals those are interested in Ph.D. Library and Information Science at SunRise University are required to acquire the NOC (No Objection Certificate) from their respective employers, to turn away any interruption truly during the whole doctoral course.
Q.6 - Does SunRise University give any scholarship, stipend or allowance to pursuing Ph.D. Library and Information Science Scholars?
Answer: - Yes, obviously. SunRise University also offers scholarship to the capable candidates who embrace research studies at the SunRise University Campus. Scholarship are granted to those applicants who go under top 10 by scoring higher marks in the Entrance Test.
Q.7 - What other facilities are provided to Ph.D. Library and Information Science research scholars at the SunRise University Campus?
Answer: - All essential and valuable assets, amenities, and facilities are offered by the SunRise University to the research scholars in different streams/subjects. These facilities include the accompanying - open and peaceful study rooms, intellectual and very much experienced academicians and research specialists, Wi-Fi and different IT gadgets, best in class labs, well-stocked libraries, luxurious R&D amenities, separate amenities for housing and food varieties for male and female applicants, quiet and productive climate inside the university campus, and numerous other comforting and convenient facilities and services.
Disclaimer: All the details are updated in this article are taken from SunRise University official Website. If someone found any details in this article is wrong or not related to the SunRise University, Contact Us on this Email [email protected] our team will update the details in next 12 working hours.